Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My own little larkspur



I was browsing the garden section of the supermarket this past weekend and I came across packet of flower seeds that looked very familiar--larkspur! Larkspur, known in France as delphinette, was one of Marie Antoinette's favored flowers; in addition to being specially planted in the French garden of Versailles, it was featured in numerous portraits of the queen, typically as sprigs in vases.

My fledgling garden certainly won't be able to touch the grandeur of Versailles, but I have hopes that my larkspur will bloom into something beautiful in the upcoming months!

For further enjoyment, I've cultivated some lovely vintage larkspur seed packets from The Label Man, a website which specializes in vintage labels and advertisements.









No comments:

Post a Comment