Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Few Interesting (And Sometimes Slightly Macabre) Postcards from the French Revolution Bicentennial

I was browsing for postcards earlier this month and came across various postcards and commemorative cards released in 1989 for the bicentennial year of the French Revolution. Amidst the expected variations on Marianne and the occasional modelesque illustration of a woman giving Tyra Banks-worthy eye smiles while sporting revolutionary gear were some interesting, if a bit strange, illustrations. I like strange things, and this admittedly sometimes includes the macabre--so I couldn't resist snapping up a several of these postcards, including a few which are slightly grim.



Artist: Desclozeaux
credit: my collection

 Artist: Loup
credit: my collection


Artist: Ronald Searle
credit: my collection

 Artist:Ronald Searle
credit: my collection

 Artist: Ronald Searle
credit: my collection

Artist: Ronald Searle
credit: my collection

No comments:

Post a Comment