Monday, July 14, 2014

Fundraising For My Brother's Battle with ALS

Photo: My awesome brother and his equally awesome (and adorable) daughter

Please consider a donation through GoFundMe to help my brother, who was recently diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease), and his family.

In the spring of 2012, my family was hit with a devastating blow: my father was diagnosed with ALS, a degenerative and incurable disease that we found out runs in our family. He passed away less than a year later, in April of 2013.

Just over a year after my father's death, we are dealing with another heartbreak: my older brother was recently diagnosed with ALS, the same disease that took our father from us.

My brother is a new husband to a caring wife and father to three children, two amazing boys and a loving daughter who was born just in time to meet her grandfather.

ALS takes away a person's ability to perform everyday functions that many people take for granted. Because of the disease's progress, my brother is unable to work and his family is now struggling to cover the costs of their everyday necessities as well as rising medical costs not covered by their insurance.  

Please consider making a donation at our GoFundMe page to help my brother and his family during this incredibly difficult time. All donations will be used to cover necessary household expenses (including rent, electricity/water/utility bills, and food) as well as medical expenses which are not being covered by my brother's health insurance.

Any donation you can spare will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment